www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Holt Press. Make you own badge here.

Countdown to Augusta
JavaScript Kit

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sam O'Nella

 
Wow!! My son's a star!!
We've just come home from his school production of The Pinafore Pirates in which Jordy played the role of Sam O'Nella the irish cook on a pirate ship full of women and he was wonderful! I had no idea he would be so good. He maintained a great Irish brogue all the way through, even when singing his solos. He was the comic relief and the crowd laughed appreciatively as he delivered his lines.
Acting is challenging, doing it with a convincing accent is more so, but to also sing solos in front of a crowd of a couple of hundred people was truly impressive.
I'm on record as not being a big fan of musicals, but seeing Jordan do such a good job sold me, and he wasn't the only one, all the kids were great, in a huge cast, and several of the girls especially sang superbly, considering they are just year 9 and 10 students.
I felt very proud of him and pleased for him.
He was pretty high after the show, laughing and talking and celebrating as many people came to compliment his performance and say how much they enjoyed the show.
The pictures I took are not great because of the lighting but the show was recorded by someone so I hope to get a copy of it, I'm sure his grandparents will be keen to see it. Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At Fri. Nov. 03, 07:00:00 am 2006, Anonymous Joshua D. Brinen said...

Funny, your mum and I are sitting here, enjoying a glass of red, in my towering office overlooking all of the many splendors of New York.

My daughter is entertaining us to the tunes of the Rolling Stones.

My wife will join us momentarily for some dinner.

You need a vid camera.

 
At Fri. Nov. 03, 10:30:00 am 2006, Blogger Peter said...

Sounds like a star is born, congratulations Jordan, yes a copy of the video sounds good.
Do you have a cam corder? I had an idea you did.
This is a worthwhile question to answer BTW.

 
At Fri. Nov. 03, 04:06:00 pm 2006, Blogger Marcus said...

Hi Dad
No I don't, we used to but it got knocked over and broken a few years ago. I'm considering getting one for work, especially with the camp coming up.
Will see if I can get a copy of the show for you, and the other grandparents around the country.

Josh Brinen, shades of you in Annie!!
Nice to hear from you, a married man with children, far out!!

Hi Mum.
Can you see if DVD's of The AntBully are available in the US, we'd like one for Augusta if they are.

 
At Fri. Nov. 03, 07:29:00 pm 2006, Blogger jayne said...

yay for the spurs!100% record in europe - pity they can't do the same in the premiership!

jordan sounds like bit of a star!i admire any kids,or anyone actually that can get up and perform in front of a heap of people - it's one of my biggest fears!i had to speak in a church last sunday night with the team that i went to uganda with,i thought i was going to have heart failure before i even got up to speak - ha ha!

 
At Sat. Nov. 04, 08:32:00 am 2006, Blogger Gazza said...

Good on ya Jordy, it takes heaps of courage just to face the audience, let alone sing.

Marcus, I have a burnt copy of AntBully. I can duplicate it and send it over if you like.

 
At Sun. Nov. 05, 02:46:00 am 2006, Blogger Marcus said...

Thanks Gaz
Should I ask where or how you got it?

 
At Mon. Nov. 06, 06:49:00 pm 2006, Blogger Gazza said...

A friend of a freind of a friend who knows a guy who knows another guy. This other guy gets involved in promotional movies.... And that my friend is how I got my new bike.... LMAO

HUH!!! What The???? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home