www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Holt Press. Make you own badge here.

Countdown to Augusta
JavaScript Kit

Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Post but No Pictures!! Grrr!!

Holt Press
I'm not happy, I've "posted" 4 pictures tonight via Picasa and none of them have made it through cyberspace to appear on my blog!!!

I spoke at Dunsborough this morning and it seemed to go well, people laughed at the right times and gave me a warm response and compliments afterwards. I got the kids painting a banner while the service was on, it was messy but they enjoyed themselves.

Spent a whole 15 minutes at the footy club wind-up BBQ, just enough time to say g'day and have a couple of snags, before clocking on at the Gallery for the afternoon shift, it was quiet, I didn't sell anything, of mine or anyone else's.

Came home and mowed the grass so that we can see the front of the house again. The rabbits didn't like the mower and huddled in the corner of their hutch. Sport Boy said I was a bad man.

I then "fixed" the hoses on Mum's car which had caused me all the trouble the day I drove home from Perth, the day it took 7 hours for a 3 hour trip! Hopefully the problem is solved, although, the heater won't work anymore, just as well Mum likes the cold, she did move to Bridgetown because it's the coldest place in WA after-all!

Tonight I bought a telescope at a garage sale. I'd seen it at lunchtime and remarked there was not much point trying out a telescope during the day time so they said "come back tonight", so I did. We aimed it at the moon and it was amazing, being able to see the surface clearly and the vast number of craters was enough to persuade me to part with 50 bucks for my new toy. We do a star spotting thing at Augusta sometimes so I'll put it into action in January. Pretty cool.

5 Comments:

At Mon. Oct. 30, 04:14:00 pm 2006, Blogger Peter said...

So why have you left the text up three times... it won't act as a homing device for your pictures you know.

 
At Mon. Oct. 30, 05:44:00 pm 2006, Blogger Marcus said...

None of the text posts appeared until now either!!!! I see the pictures have materialised too!
It never rains but it pours!
I'll delete the extras shortly.

 
At Mon. Oct. 30, 07:50:00 pm 2006, Blogger Gazza said...

Hi Marcus, What is Picasa??

 
At Mon. Oct. 30, 08:23:00 pm 2006, Blogger Marcus said...

G'day Gaz
It's a photo program you can use to store and manage your pictures, it's got some pretty cool features including simple fixes for pics that are too dark, crops, collages etc, it's been bought by Google and has a connection to Blogger so they all interface pretty easily.
Best of all it's free. Just google Picasa and download it.
It will then "collect" all of the pictures on your computer into it's folders and any time you load more pics on your computer it will automatically add them to it's files.


Now it's my turn, where did you get that cool slideshow you used for your camping trip post? I like it.

PS. Dad put me onto Picasa, he's great at finding cool stuff on the net to put on your blog. I let him find them then pinch and imitate on mine! The system works well!!

 
At Sat. Nov. 04, 07:59:00 am 2006, Blogger Gazza said...

I have a similar system to yours. I use other peoples sites to track down cool stuff, then add it to mine.... The slide show can be found at http://www.picturetrail.com/

Have fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home