www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Holt Press. Make you own badge here.

Countdown to Augusta
JavaScript Kit

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

ANZAC Memorial

 
I don't seem to have time to blog these days, this is just a quick post before bed. I pulled up to take this picture at Ballajura High School this morning only to realise I'd left my camera at Letchie's place, just as well I discovered it then and not half an hour later when I was on the other side of Perth. Isn't this a great sculpture? Even more impressive on closer inspection which reveals it is actually a war memorial and the tablets have the words of the traditional Australian ANZAC Day service written across them: "They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old, age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, at the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them."
I got lots of pictures of cool art and sculptures from around the city today, I'm constantly amazed at how much public art there is in Perth, it's only when you go looking for it that you realise the volume.

I had a great dinner with Hugh last night after the mission meeting, we went to the local food hall as we usually do, he had Italian, I had curry and he told me about his trip to Italy with a group of students from his school, with tales of Florence and Tuscany and art galleries and ice cream. He also spent a couple of weeks in England visiting his brother and friends, lucky man.

I spent the night at the Letchies who were going through some dramas with one of their kids. I had hoped to watch the Spurs v West Ham game as advertised but it wasn't on, although I did get to follow it's progress on news bulletins and am glad to report Spurs won 1-0.

I got a fair bit done in preparation for the camp today and have made good progress on securing camp sites for both nights.
Home again and back to work "proper" in the morning, before turning around and heading back to Perth on Wednesday for the Chaplains Cup football competition at Fremantle Oval with the year 10 boys. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Tue. Oct. 24, 08:58:00 pm 2006, Blogger Peter said...

Do you have a groove worn in the bitumen between Busso and Perth yet??
About time you MADE time to take down the Grand Final mess up from the top of your blog BTW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home