www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Holt Press. Make you own badge here.

Countdown to Augusta
JavaScript Kit

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Another Retreat Painting

 
This is a practice run for a larger one I'm planning to do.
Today I got some boards cut at Bunnings and tonight I put the first of 5 coats of Gesso on them, to prepare them to be painted on. The Gesso will give them the same sort of surface to paint on as canvas. I needed specially cut boards in order to fit the frames I've been buying, it's easy to find frames, and easy to buy pre-made canvases, but it's very difficult to find both frame and canvas in matching size.
Sophie started her first painting last night! The bug is catching! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Tue. Oct. 17, 10:48:00 am 2006, Blogger Wayne Field said...

G'day Marcus,

Great to have found your blog. I like the artwork (No really I do!!). I'm jealous that you have found the time for it.

Reading some of your posts - it sounds like you've made a move south?

I hope to check in with your blog from time to time.

Cheers,

Wayne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home